Sometimes I have a hard time finding that perfect gift for the horse lover. Let’s face it…when you own a horse(s), holidays and birthdays are a great opportunity to get that item you’ve been drooling over for your horse! We don’t actually get something for ourselves. I do this all the time. I usually end up buying more stuff for Taylor than I do for myself and love it!
That’s why I think an equestrian-inspired apron is a great gift! It’s cute, different, and completely functional. It’s also great for kids! I might even be a little more apt to spend some more time in the kitchen if I had one of these. I also included one of my favorite recipes below so be sure to give it a try!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray. If using an electric skillet, coat with cooking oil then wipe.
- With a mixer, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of the batter into the skillet.
- When the edges appear to harden, after a minute or two, flip the pancakes. They should be golden brown.
- Cook pancakes on the other side for same amount of time, until golden brown.